- 2,000 documented hours of work experience in the six IC&RC Prevention Performance Domains
- a minimum of 120 of those hours of experience must be supervised, including at least 10 hours in each domain
- a minimum of 500 (25%) of those hours must be providing ATOD prevention services within the domains
- 120 hours of documented education/training. Of these, 24 hours must be related to ATOD, 6 to Prevention Ethics, and 31 hours (26 in-person and 5 online) must be obtained through the “Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Training” (SAPST), or CADCA-approved equivalent. The remaining “other hours” of education/training must be related to the six IC&RC Prevention Domains.
- A signed agreement to abide by the PS-C Code of Ethics
- Three professional references
- A passing score on the IC&RC Certified Prevention Specialist Exam
The following links provide the information you need to apply or reapply for PS-C certification.
The forms packet below contains copies of all forms needed in the application process. HOWEVER, for fillable forms that you can submit, please go to the DOWNLOADS section of this site.