TEST PREPARATION: The link below is to a free, downloadable guide that contains information about the development and content of the IC&RC Prevention Specialist Exam, test administration, sample questions, and a list of references to assist with exam preparation.
IC&RC Prevention Specialist Candidate Guide (updated April 2017)
IC&RC also provides practice exams for a fee. Click here for practice exam information.
The Rhode Island Prevention Specialist Certification: Study Guide for the Certification Exam is also available for download. Although this guide was specifically developed for use by those seeking certification in Rhode Island, this guide is applicable to anyone preparing for IC&RC’s Prevention Specialist Exam.
TEST PROCEDURES: The following steps must be followed:
- You apply for PS-C Certification. The entire application, including all references, must be received by MPCB and evaluated.
- MPCB approves your application and you become a PS-C candidate. MPCB informs IC&RC of your clearance to take the test.
- You pay the test fee, using the “Payment” dropdown menu on the MPCB website.
- You receive notification and information that will allow you to schedule the test through the IC&RC or testing center website.
- You take the exam.
- MPCB provides you with your test results.
If you need special accommodations for testing: Special Accommodation Request Fillable Form