Pre-Approved Trainings for Prevention Specialists: Trainings that are endorsed or sponsored by the following organizations are automatically pre-approved:
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
- SAMHSA’s Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT)
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- AdCare Educational Institute of Maine trainings funded through the Maine CDC and Prevention Prevention Workforce Development Training Contract (certificates of attendance from these trainings will clearly state that they have been pre-approved by the MPCB for Prevention Specialists)
- 2018 Annual Tobacco Treatment & Prevention, May 3 & 4, 2018 – Sponsored by MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence. Approved for 10.75 Contact Hours, ATOD and/or IC&RC Prevention Performance Domains 1, 2, 5, and 6.
- Clinical Skills in the Era of Legal Cannabis, Various 2018 Dates – Sponsored by AdCare Educational Institute of Maine. Approved for 6 Contact Hours, ATOD and/or IC&RC Prevention Performance Domains 1 and 6.
Trainings without Pre-Approval Status: Trainings that are relevant to Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug (ATOD) prevention and/or the IC&RC Prevention Performance Domains can be applied toward the education/training requirement for certification or re-certification. If these trainings are not included in the “Approved Trainings” list above, the MPCB reserves the right to ask for additional information to determine the applicability of training/education for Prevention Specialist certification.
Are you an organization looking to pre-approve your conference, event, course, webinar, or other training opportunity? Please visit the Maine Prevention Certification Board’s Training/Education Pre-Approval page for more information and to download an application!
Maine prevention workers and volunteers have a number of resources available to search for training opportunities to help expand and strengthen their prevention related knowledge and skills. This includes the Maine Prevention Calendar, which lists upcoming prevention trainings sponsored or recommended by our state prevention programs, across a variety of program areas: https://www.preventionforme.org/
Additional useful links to prevention-related and other types of trainings include:
• The Maine Behavioral Health Workforce Development Collaborative:
• AdCare Maine’s trainings list: http://samhs.adcareme.org/